Alberta Tour Pre-qualifying Policies
ACF Pre-qualifying Berth Policy (Alberta Men and Women)
- Passed at the June 20th, 2014 ACF AGM
- Policy will be in effect for the 2015 to 2018 Championship Seasons
- Policy will be the same for both Men and Women
- The Defending Champions will receive a berth.
- If for any reasons the defending champions do not qualify or wish to participate this berth will be awarded to the highest ranked team from the previous year CTRS standings that meets the residency criteria. (This would also apply in the event the defending champion becomes Team Canada)
- It is understood that if the highest ranked team chooses to not participate that this spot will be awarded to the next highest ranked team. (Teams must retain 3 of 4 members - substitutions as per ACF policy will be granted)
- The Highest Ranked Team from overall CTRS standings (to Dec. 1 of current year)
- Teams must retain 4 of 4 members as registered with the CTRS for Provincial Championship - substitutions as per ACF policy will be granted)
- The First and Second Ranked Teams from CTRS bonspiels and competitions that occur within ACF boundaries.
- Bonspiel or competition must be approved by the ACF in order to be included in overall totals.
- Points will be awarded for bonspiels that occur in the same time frame one week after the Provincial Championship of the previous year through to and including December 1st. (e.g. For the 2018 berths, points will be accumulated from February 1 of 2017 (Women’s) and February 15th of 2017 (Men’s) through to December 1 of 2017.)
- In the event that teams disband or change lineups during the point accumulation time-frame they will be allowed to gather points from the time of change with the new team. (Teams must retain 4 of 4 members as registered with the CTRS for the Provincial Championship - substitutions as per ACF policy will be granted)
- CTRS points will be obtained from Curling Canada
- It is understood that the ACF will follow CTRS substitution policy
- It is understood that to be eligible for all berths all team members MUST meet the residency criteria as passed by Curling Canada membership on an annual basis