Competitor's Guide & Policies
All Competition related documents and policies will be posted here as they are approved. Please visit the links below to get ready for your curling season!
They say that change brings opportunity...
For the 2018-'19 season, Curling Alberta has implemented a number of revisions to its policies for competition aimed to increase participation, highlight developmental opportunities, and promote fairness. We encourage you to read the updated Competitor’s Guide (and appendices) and the notice of Competitive Structure Changes and FAQ to become familiar with the changes.
(Competitive Structure Changes & FAQ, updated Nov. 2/18)
Curling Alberta Competitor's Guide - version (v) Feb. 2/19
- New version to include clarification: allow individuals who hold a current Chartered Professional Coach designation as recognized by the Coaching Association of Canada to be an eligible coach at any Curling Alberta Provincial Championship
Competitor's Guide Appendices:
Curling Club Championships Eligibility
Curling Alberta Respect in Sport Policy
- Action Required for the parents/guardians of all curlers under the age of 18 registering for any Curling Alberta competitions
- Click here to read the Respect in Sport (RiS) Parent Program announcement
- Access to Curling Alberta’s RiS Parent Program registration and FAQ’s
Curling Alberta 2019-2020 Cresting Policy (v April 27/19)
Curling Alberta Provincial Berth Policy (v Nov. 26/18)
- Click here to see a sample of how Berths are assigned.